- Graduated with a Bachelor of Business (Marketing) from Monash University
- Post Grad. Diploma – Computing (Web Stream) from RMIT
- Circulation Marketing Manager: The Herald & Weekly Times, Melbourne. 1996 – 1998
- Marketing Communications Manager: News Interactive (now News Digital Media), Sydney. 1999
- Head of Affiliation: BOL.com. London. 2000.
- Business Development Manager: Brennan IT, Melbourne. 2001
- General Manager: Horizon Sailmakers, 2002 – 2004.
- Global Marketing Manager: Hearing Life, Sonic Innovations. Adelaide and Salt Lake City. 2004 – 2010.
- Founder and Managing Director: Spinach Effect. Adelaide. 2010 – current.
In the late 1990’s, Simon became excited about ‘new’ media and this led to a move to Sydney to become the Marketing Communications Manager of News Digital Media, News Corporation’s growing internet division.
From there, Simon, with a drive to work abroad, headed off to London where he took up a role as Head of Affiliation for bol.com, the Internet retail division of the German juggernaut, Bertelsmann.
After returning to Australia, Simon has served as Business Manager for successful IT solutions company, Brennan IT, in Melbourne and General Manager of a family manufacturing business.
In late 2004, Simon moved Adelaide and landed a role as Group Marketing Manager (Australia) for Sonic Innovations and Hearing Life. Later the role expanded to Global Marketing Manager for the company’s growing retail division. For six years, Simon was a key player in seeing Hearing Life grow to become one of the most prominent and respected organizations in the Australian hearing care industry. The company also expanded its network to over 200 locations in Australia, the USA and Europe.
Simon’s passion and talent for revitalizing businesses has now led to the foundation of Spinach Effect, a marketing and communications agency servicing industries such as Hearing care, Aged Care, Professional Services, Education, Building and Property.
A definite straight shooter, Simon has distaste for “the ‘posturing’ side of advertising and marketing” and is a strong believer that: –
“Relevance and logic are far stronger and more sustainable motivators of consumers, clients, prospects, patrons and supporters than ‘sizzle and spin’”.
Having worked for so many years on the “client side”, his passion for achieving results and returns for his clients has helped secure the success and growth of many Spinach Effect clients.
Away from Spinach Effect, Simon has a passion for activities such as golf, horse riding, travel skiing, and scuba diving.